Tax Appeals

If you disagree with a decision of the staff of the Board of Equalization (BOE) regarding your liability for taxes, you can usually contest that decision by filing a timely appeal. While the majority of appeals are resolved after discussion with BOE staff, some may proceed through a succession of steps to a hearing before the elected Members of the Board.