Appraiser Training & Certification
The Board of Equalization (BOE) is responsible for the certification of state and county assessors' personnel performing appraisals for property tax purposes. Statutes require the BOE to certify appraisers before they perform these duties. The certification includes an initial evaluation of the candidate's education and experience, the successful completion of a qualifying examination, and the requirement for continuing education.
Links to information relevant to certification requirements as well as training available to property tax appraisers appear below.
- Application for Temporary Appraiser Certificate, BOE-740-A
- Application for Auditor-Appraiser Designation following Appraiser Certification, BOE-740-B
- Application for Advanced Appraiser Certification, BOE-747-BC
- Report of Appraiser or Analyst Change in Employment Status, BOE-743-A
BOE-Conducted Classroom Courses/Workshops and Other Training
BOE Online Training
- Appraisal of Machinery & Equipment
- Assessment of Personal Property and Fixtures
- Beginning Appraisal Sessions
- Income Approach to Value
- Self-Study Training Sessions
- Time Value of Money – Six Functions of a Dollar