IFTA (International Fuel Tax Agreement)
Get Organized for IFTA Online Filing
There are two login methods for filing your IFTA Quarterly Diesel Fuel Use Tax Return online.
- Registered User Login – Enjoy the benefits of becoming a Registered user:
- File your IFTA your return online
- View prior returns filed online
- Personalize your own User ID and Password
- Change your business and personal e-mail address online.
- After you have obtained your User ID, login to file your IFTA return online with your User ID and Password.
New User? Join Now Already registered? Login
You can sign up as a Registered User. If you are an accountant, tax professional or employee, you must complete form BOE-91-A and submit a valid Power of Attorney. The forms must be mailed to the Motor Carrier Office at P.O. Box 942879; Sacramento, CA 94279-0065.
- Express Login - Directly eFile a return
- Directly file a return online
- Enter the Express Login code
- Use your Express Login Code and account number to login.
- Since there is no registration with Express Login, it is quick, easy and convenient to use when you’re in a hurry or having someone file your return online.
Where can you find your Express Login Code and Account Number?
Your Express Login Code is a unique eight digit alphanumeric code. This code can be located or obtained from the following sources:
- Contacting our customer service representatives at 1-800-400-7115, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time, excluding state holidays.
- Your email reminder to file. If you are not receiving an email reminder, please login to your Registered User account and update your business email address. If you have not registered for your Registered User account, you may Contact Us so we can update your account.
- Your Express Login Code can be found on correspondence you receive from the BOE.
To complete your return quickly and easily, you will need to report the following information (by fuel type) for all qualified motor vehicles in your fleet during the filing quarter:
- Total miles (taxable and non-taxable miles) traveled in all IFTA jurisdictions
- Total non-IFTA miles (taxable and non-taxable miles) traveled in all non-IFTA jurisdictions.
- Total gallons of fuel placed in the tank in all jurisdictions (IFTA and non-IFTA).
- The name of each jurisdiction you traveled in.
- Total miles traveled in each IFTA jurisdiction.
- Total tax-paid gallons of fuel purchased and placed in the tank in each jurisdiction