Motor Fuel Taxes

Motor Fuel Taxes are administered by the of the Board of Equalization. This page is intended to link you with information regarding Motor Fuel Taxes.

Motor Fuels

  • Aircraft Jet Fuel Tax
  • Diesel Fuel Tax
  • Motor Vehicle Fuel License Tax (Operative through December 31, 2001)
  • Motor Vehicle Fuel Tax (Operative on or after January 1, 2002)
  • Use Fuel Tax

Biodiesel and biofuel, including straight vegetable oil (svo) and waste vegetable oil (wvo), are administered under the Diesel Fuel Tax Law.

Motor Fuels Tax Returns and Report/Claim Information

General Information

Common Procedures

Written Guidelines

Other Information

How To Contact Us

Special Taxes and Fees, MIC: 88
State Board of Equalization
P.O. Box 942879
Sacramento, CA 94279-0088

1-800-400-7115 toll-free phone
1-916-323-9352 fax