Motor Fuel Taxes
Motor Fuel Taxes are administered by the of the Board of Equalization. This page is intended to link you with information regarding Motor Fuel Taxes.
- Aircraft Jet Fuel Tax
- Diesel Fuel Tax
- Motor Vehicle Fuel License Tax (Operative through December 31, 2001)
- Motor Vehicle Fuel Tax (Operative on or after January 1, 2002)
- Use Fuel Tax
Biodiesel and biofuel, including straight vegetable oil (svo) and waste vegetable oil (wvo), are administered under the Diesel Fuel Tax Law.
Motor Fuels Tax Returns and Report/Claim Information
- BOE-810-FTA – Product Code Table - Sorted By Product Code Number
- BOE-810-FTB – Product Code Table - Sorted By Product Type
- BOE-810-FTC – Postal Abbreviations Table
- BOE-810-FTD – Schedule Code Table
- BOE-810-FTE – Instructions for Preparing Schedules and Schedule Descriptions
- BOE-810-FTF – Generic Disbursement Schedule
- BOE-810-FTG – Generic Receipt Schedule
- BOE-810-FTH – Airport Table Code (Sorted by Airport Code)
- BOE-810-FTI – Airport Table Code (Sorted by City)
- Tax Rates for all Fuel Taxes.
- Forms and Publications such as applications, newsletters, and utility documents available for viewing or downloading.
- Frequently asked questions about biodiesel and biofuel, including straight vegetable oil (svo) and waste vegetable oil (wvo).
- Fuel Tax Swap FAQ.
- New Tax Rates for Motor Vehicle Fuel
- Contact us for information on refunds for taxes and fees administered by the Fuel Industry Section. Motor vehicle fuel tax refunds for off-highway use and exports of tax-paid motor vehicle fuel (gasoline) are handled by the State Controller's Office.
- Electronic Filing (EDI)
- Electronic Payment (EFT)
- Registration for Fuel Tax Programs
How To Contact Us
Special Taxes and Fees, MIC: 88
State Board of Equalization
P.O. Box 942879
Sacramento, CA 94279-0088
1-800-400-7115 toll-free phone