California Integrated Waste Management Fee (Solid Waste & Wood Waste)
The Integrated Waste Management Fee applies to operators of solid waste disposal facilities who are required to have a disposal facility permit from the Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (DRRR) (CalRecycle), formerly the California Integrated Waste Management Board). The fee is based on all solid waste (including wood waste) disposed of at solid waste landfills in this state. The BOE collects the fee, which provides funding for the reduction and recycling of solid waste in California, from the facility operators and administers the program in cooperation with the DRRR and the Department of Toxic Substances Control. (commenced 1-1-90; PRC section 42885 et seq.)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Are you required to register?
- Contact the California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) for registration information.
- Integrated Waste Management Fee Return, BOE-501-SQ
- Integrated Waste Management Fee Return – Nonhazardous Wood Waste Facility, BOE-501-NW
- Integrated Waste Management Fee Law
- Solid Waste Facility Information
- Nonhazardous Wood Waste Facility Information
If you have questions regarding this program or need to register with the BOE, please contact Special Taxes and Fees at the following address or telephone number:
Special Taxes and Fees. MIC: 88
State Board of Equalization
PO Box 942879
Sacramento, CA 94279-0088