Free Tax Consultations
Businesses are the backbone of California's economy, providing jobs for millions of Californians and generating billions in tax revenue for the state. As your elected taxpayer advocate, I want to help you make your business a success by helping you learn how to avoid tax problems.
The Taxpayer Education Consultation Program is a free service designed to provide new businesses assistance in understanding California’s complex tax laws and regulations.
You will receive a one-on-one consultation at your business location from a trained staff member who can review your business operations and recordkeeping system. You will have the opportunity to get answers to all your questions regarding sales and use tax and the Board of Equalization in general.
To ensure you are provided the best information, you may want to provide your consultant with access to your books and records, which may include:
- Sales and use tax returns and worksheets
- Sales journals
- General ledgers
- Customer billings, sales invoices, contracts, job files
- Paid bills and purchase invoices
- Purchase journal/cash disbursements journal
- Federal income tax returns with depreciation schedules
- Bank statements and canceled checks
- Resale certificates