Laws, Regulations & Annotations

Business Taxes Law Guide – Revision 2018

Sales and Use Tax Annotations

A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    L    M    N    O    P    R    S    T    U    V    W    X   


550.0000 TAXABLE SALES OF FOOD PRODUCTS—Regulation 1603

Annotation 550.1355


550.1355 Sales of Beer and Wine at Colleges and Universities. There are no special Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) regulations which apply to the sale of alcoholic beverages by colleges or universities or by the student organizations at the schools. These organizations are required to be licensed in the same manner as any other dining facility serving alcoholic beverages. The ABC regulations make no distinction between sales to students or nonstudents.

The sale of nonfood beverages such as carbonated beverages, beer, wine, and distilled spirits are exempt when included in a meal which is sold to a student for a single price pursuant to Regulation 1603(j)(2). Nonfood beverages are not exempt when sold alone or sold with food items but individually priced. Also, nonfood beverages sold to teachers, staff, or guests are not exempt no matter how they are sold. 8/6/90; 7/10/96.