Speakers BureauRequest a Speaker
The Board of Equalization (BOE) Speakers Bureau is committed to educating the business community on sales and use tax, property tax, and special taxes and fees laws and programs. We are also dedicated to informing the community about the function and purpose of the BOE. As such, the BOE Speakers Bureau provides free access to our subject matter experts. Representatives present on a broad variety of topics, providing technical information through presentations, workshops, serving as panel members, and/or staffing information tables at your event. Below is a list of frequently requested topics.
- Basic Sales & Use Tax
- Avoiding Sales & Use Tax Common Mistakes
- Basic Sales and Use Tax & Return Preparation
- Food Industry Seminar
- Sales & Use Tax for Nonprofit & Exempt Organizations
- Property Tax Exemptions for Nonprofit Organizations
- Appeals Overview for Business Owners and Tax Professionals – "Weighing Your Options"
In addition to speaker and staff requests, the Speakers Bureau program offers services to foreign tax delegations visiting the United States from other countries. This service includes a tour and a presentation to the group.