Start, Buy, Sell, or Close a Business

Whenever you buy, sell, or discontinue a business, you need to contact the Board of Equalization. If you are buying a business, you may need to obtain a seller's permit, as permits are not transferable. If you are selling or discontinuing a business, you will need to close out your account. Check out our Frequently Asked Questions regarding Buying, Selling, or Discontinuing a Business.