Building Assessment Timeline – 2007
>> View Historical Timeline
Get Free Acrobat Reader! Most documents on this page are in the Adobe Portable Document Format (pdf). The current version of Acrobat Reader should be used to view pdf files. A free copy of the Acrobat Reader software is available from Adobe.Anita Gore: Deputy Director, External Affairs Department
- December 24, 2007 – Cleaning, boxing and testing of personal items taken from the 24th floor began. Delivery of those personal items to BOE employees temporarily housed at FTB also began.
- December 17, 2007 – BOE management and consultants meet with SEIU representatives and consultants to coordinate efforts related to the ongoing building evaluation.
- December 17, 2007 – BOE and DGS and respective consultants and management meet to discuss ongoing building evaluation and remediation plans proposed by DGS.
- December 12, 2007 – Executive Director's report to the Board. Listen
- December 7, 2007 – Frequently Asked Questions section added to Building Assessment webpage.
- December 7, 2007 – BOE consultant Hygientech responds to proposed containment protocol.
- December 7, 2007 – Proposed containment protocol received from DGS consultants.
- December 3, 2007 – Joint meeting of BOE and DGS consultants to discuss remediation plan and next steps.
- November 25, 2007 – Cleaning and pack out of personal property on south side of 23rd–floor completed.
- November 15, 2007 – BOE's consultants meet with DGS’ consultants to review preliminary plan of action.
- November 15, 2007 – Executive Director's report to the Board. Listen
- November 14, 2007 – SEIU 1000 representatives second visit to building.
- November 13, 2007 – BOE invites SEIU to participate in investigation and assessment.
- November 7, 2007 – BOE launches survey on website seeking employee input and assistance in identification of areas of concern.
- November 6, 2007 – BOE is provided with DGS' preliminary plan of action, and plan is sent to BOE's consultants.
- November 1, 2007 – SEIU 1000 representatives, including SEIU’s National Director of Health and Safety, toured the BOE headquarters building at 450 N Street and spoke with employees.
- October 29, 2007 – Sterling & Associates prepares report for DGS.
- October 27, 2007 – The Department of General Services and their consultants completed a walk through of the BOE Headquarters.
- October 24, 2007 – Executive Director's report to the Board. Listen
- October 22, 2007 – BOE unveils new webpage for building assessment updates and information.
- October 19, 2007 – Department of General Services determines state emergency for BOE Headquarters Building. Department of Finance concurs. See Determination of State Emergency here.
- October 19, 2007 – Mail room wall cleaning began and air and surface tests were conducted. Test results are, “unremarkable and not expected to be of consequence to building occupants,” according to on–site industrial hygienists.
- October 18, 2007 – Employee report of something suspicious on a concrete mail room wall. Area inspected by industrial hygienist.
- October 18, 2007 – Employee information regarding water intrusion issues solicited from Executive Director.
- October 17, 2007 – Executive Director’s Building Update to the Board at Shell Beach Assessor’s Conference. Listen
- October 12, 2007 – Inspection and assessment of boxes, files and laptops began by independent Industrial Hygienists.
- October 11, 2007 – Move of 114 legal staff to FTB began.
- October 10, 2007 – BOE independent consultants, BOE executive team and DGS representatives meet to discuss roles and responsibilities.
- October 10, 2007 – Met with independent consultants for briefing and roundtable discussion regarding building issues. Tour also conducted.
- October 10, 2007 – Process of retaining independent medical, building and remediation consultants began.
- October 5, 2007 – BOE executive team and DGS team met to discuss plan of action.
- October 5, 2007 – Employees not allowed on the 24th floor.
- October 1, 2007 – All employees remaining on the 23rd floor were moved to other floors.
- October 1, 2007 – DGS began removing and replacing all building air filters.
- September 28, 2007 – 22nd and 23rd floor employees begin to be relocated.
- September 27, 2007 – Employees not allowed on the south and east sides of floors 22 and 23.