Online registration (eReg) is a convenient, fast, and free way to register online for a permit, license, or account with the BOE.
Who can register?
Anyone with a computer and internet access can use the quick and convenient system.
What are the benefits?
- One click starts the process for the permits, licenses, and accounts
- You can easily apply for new licenses or add business locations
- The system is free to use but some permits, licenses, or accounts may require a fee or deposit
- View the status of your application(s) online
- Get emails with updates on the status of your application(s)
- Online help and live assistance during business hours
- Get links to reference materials related to your business activities
What can I do?
- Get a seller's permit
- Add a new business location to an existing BOE account
- Register as a qualified purchaser
- Pay use tax for one-time purchases
- Pay use tax or claim an exemption for vehicles, vessels, aircraft, and manufactured or mobile homes
- Register for a Timber Yield Tax account
- Register as a cigarette retailer and pay the licensing fee
- Register to pay taxes on internet purchases of cigarette or tobacco products
- Register for an International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) account and purchase IFTA decals
- Apply for and purchase a California Fuel Trip permit
- Apply for and purchase Annual Flat Rate Decals for private passenger vehicles
- Register for other Special Tax and Fee Programs
How can I learn more?
The Board of Equalization has developed a number of informational and marketing materials to help you or your organization learn more.
The California Board of Equalization Electronic Registration application won a 2013
Digital Government Achievement Award in the Government-to-business category