IFTA eFile (International Fuel Tax Agreement)
Get Organized for IFTA eFile
There are two login methods for eFiling your IFTA Quarterly Diesel Fuel Use Tax Return.
- eClient Login – Enjoy the benefits of becoming an eClient:
- eFile your return
- View prior eFiled returns
- Personalize your own User ID and Password
- Change your business and personal e-mail address online.
You can register as an eClient if you are registered with the BOE as a business owner. If you are an accountant, tax professional or employee, you must complete form BOE-91-A and submit a valid Power of Attorney. The forms must be mailed to the Motor Carrier Office at P.O. Box 942879; Sacramento, CA 94279-0065.
- Express Login - Directly eFile a return
- Enter the account number and
- Enter the Express Login code
- Use your Express Login Code and account number to login.
Since there is no registration with Express Login, it is quick, easy and convenient to use when you’re in a hurry or having someone eFile your return for you.
Where can you find your Express Login Code and Account Number?
Your Express Login Code is a unique eight digit alphanumeric code. This code can be located or obtained from the following sources:
- Contacting our customer service representatives at 1-800-400-7115, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time, excluding state holidays.
- Your email reminder to file. If you are not receiving an email reminder, please login to your eClient account and update your business email address. If you have not registered for your eClient account, you may Contact Us so we can update your account.
- Your Express Login Code can be found on correspondence you receive from the BOE.
- The top of your IFTA Renewal Application (See number 1 below)
To complete your return quickly and easily, you will need to report the following information (by fuel type) for all qualified motor vehicles in your fleet during the filing quarter:
- Total miles (taxable and non-taxable miles) traveled in all IFTA jurisdictions
- Total non-IFTA miles (taxable and non-taxable miles) traveled in all non-IFTA jurisdictions.
- Total gallons of fuel placed in the tank in all jurisdictions (IFTA and non-IFTA).
- The name of each jurisdiction you traveled in.
- Total miles traveled in each IFTA jurisdiction.
- Total tax-paid gallons of fuel purchased and placed in the tank in each jurisdiction