IFTA E-file (International Fuel Tax Agreement)
IFTA E-file Eligibility Criteria/Limitations
- Filers must have an active IFTA account.
- Filers must have either a:
California State Board of Equalization (BOE) issued password to eFile an IFTA return. To obtain a password, you must register as an eClient. eClient Registration (You must be identified with the Board of Equalization as a business owner or an authorized user associated with the account for which you are registering as an eClient).
- You may eFile using the Express Login Code and Account Number. You may obtain your Express Code and Account Number from a Renewal Application For IFTA License And Decals that you filed for the current year or a previous year.
- An amended IFTA return may not be eFiled. Amended returns must be filed on paper.
- IFTA returns may be eFiled only for the current period. Delinquent IFTA returns must be filed on paper.
In order to perform basic maintenance on the BOE website, the system will be unavailable for Electronic Services access from Sunday at 5:00 p.m. to Monday at 5:30 a.m., Pacific Time. Since this is regularly scheduled downtime, Electronic Participants should be aware that the BOE will not accept the participant's inability to submit a timely filing because of this downtime as a valid reason for granting relief of any penalty and/or interest that may result from a late filing.