IFTA (International Fuel Tax Agreement)
IFTA Online Filing Eligibility Criteria/Limitations
- Filers must have an active IFTA account.
- Filers must have either a:
California State Board of Equalization (BOE) issued password to file an IFTA return online. To obtain a password, you must sign up as a Registered User. Registration (You must be identified with the Board of Equalization as a business owner or an authorized user associated with the account for which you are registering as an eClient).
- You may file online using the Express Login Code and Account Number. Your Express Login Code can be found on correspondence you receive from the BOE. Or, you can contact our Customer Services Center at 1-800-400-7115, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Pacific Time, excluding state holidays.
- An amended IFTA return may not be filed online. Amended returns must be filed on paper.
- IFTA returns may be filed online only for the current period. Delinquent IFTA returns must be filed on paper.
In order to perform basic maintenance on the BOE website, the system will be unavailable for Online Services access from Sunday at 5:00 p.m. to Monday at 5:30 a.m., Pacific Time. Since this is regularly scheduled downtime, Participants should be aware that the BOE will not accept the participant's inability to submit a timely filing because of this downtime as a valid reason for granting relief of any penalty and/or interest that may result from a late filing.