Connecting Women to Power International & Domestic Trade Conference December 2, 2014
Jerome E. Horton
Board of Equalization
California State University, Dominguez Hills
California Educational Solutions
National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)
Thursday, June 18, 2015
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
California State University, Dominguez Hills
Loker Student Auditorium
1000 East Victoria Street, Carson, CA 90747
Register online or by calling
Check out our Facebook page
- Connect entrepreneurs to decision makers and empower them with strategies, techniques, and opportunities for new alliances and future success.
- Help California taxpayers start, grow, and maintain businesses in California; expand their operations globally; and comply with the tax laws, policies, and rules.
- Teach leadership, problem solving, conflict resolution, and life management strategies and techniques
- Introduce participants to key decision makers at the Board of Equalization, Franchise Tax Board, Internal Revenue Service, and Employment Development Department for the purpose of fostering good will and voluntary compliance with tax laws.
Registration and Continental Breakfast
7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
Welcome and Opening Remarks
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Jerome E. Horton, Chairman, California State Board of Equalization
Yvonne Horton, City Clerk, City of Inglewood
Dr. Willie J. Hagan, California State University, Dominguez Hills
Dave Jones, California State Insurance Commissioner
9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Ann marie Houghtailing, Author of How I Created a Dollar Out of Thin Air
Connecting Women to Power Career Fair on Thursday, June 18, 2015
Held in the Leo F. Cain Library at California State University, Dominguez Hills
10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Find an exciting and challenging career! Please bring your resume.
RSVP by June 17th to SUTD-Recruiting@boe.ca.gov or call 1-888-847-9652
At this event you will learn:
- How to navigate the State of California employment website
- Which positions are currently available with the BOE, FTB, EDD and other State agencies
- Minimum qualifications to qualify for certain positions
- California State Board of Equalization (BOE)
- Franchise Tax Board (FTB)
- Employment Development Department (EDD)
- California Bureau of State Audits (BSA)
- Department of State Hospitals (DSH)
- and other State and Local Employers
Have A Great Business Idea?
Enter the Toro Tank Boot Camp and Competition hosted by California State University, Dominguez Hills Entrepreneurial Institute for the opportunity to audition, pitch your business idea, and win access to funding and business resources that could help turn your dream into a million dollar reality.
Toro Tank Boot Camp & Auditions: Pitching and Presenting
Learn what judges are looking for in your pitch, proper etiquette and how to keep your pitch brief and concise.
Auditions will also be held, those accepted will be entered into a drawing to be one of ten selected to compete in the Toro Tank.
- Session 1: 10:15 AM – 11:15 AM
- Session 2: 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Room 326/327 – Loker Student Union (Room located in side hallway near rear of Ballroom C)
Toro Tank Competition – Semi Finals
2:15 PM – 3:30 PM
Toro Tank Competition – Finals & Awards Ceremony
3:45 PM – 5:00 PM
Discover the World of Possibilities with over 50 Exhibitors!
9:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Pick up a conference Tote Bag and Expo Passport from one of 3 tables located on the walkway and outdoor patio area.
During the expo, visit exhibitors to collect 15 passport stamps to be eligible to enter a prize drawing!
- Academy of Art University
- Airvoice Wireless – California Lifeline
- AmPac Tri State CDC, Inc.
- Armenian American Chamber of Commerce
- Black Business Association of Los Angeles
- Black Women for Wellness
- California Black Women's Health Project
- California Department of Consumer Affairs
- California Department of Motor Vehicles
- California Office of the Attorney General
- California Small Business Association
- California State Board of Equalization
- California State University, Dominguez Hills – College of Extended Education
- California State University, Dominguez Hills – Entrepreneurial Institute
- California State University, Dominguez Hills – Mervyn M. Dymally African American Political & Economic Institute (MDAAPEI)
- California State University, Dominguez Hills – School of Business and Public Policy
- California State University, Dominguez Hills – Women's Resource Center
- CDC Small Business Finance
- City of Los Angeles Business Source
- Employment Development Department
- Franchise Tax Board
- Global Federation of Chinese Business Women – Southern California Chapter
- Governor's Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz)
- Hispanas Organized for Political Equality (HOPE)
- Institute for Health and Prevention
- Institute for Women Entrepreneurs
- Internal Revenue Service
- Jewish Labor Committee
- Korean Churches for Community Development
- Lil Xtreme Productions
- Los Angeles African American Women's Public Policy Institute
- Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce
- Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro)
- Los Angeles County Office of Small Business
- Los Angeles Latino Chamber of Commerce
- Los Angeles Regional Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Network
- Los Angeles Sparks – #WeAreLA
- Los Angeles Urban League
- Massage Envy
- Pacific Asian Consortium in Employment (PACE)
- Search to Involve Pilipino Americans (SIPA)
- South Bay Workforce Investment Board
- Southern California Edison
- U.S. Postal Service – Los Angeles District
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- U.S. Small Business Administration / U.S. Export Assistance Center
- Valley Economic Development Center
- Vermont-Slauson Economic Development Corporation
- Wade Institute
*IMPORTANT NOTE: Any prizes or other items of value provided during the event are NOT sponsored or paid for by the California State Board of Equalization or with any government funds.
THANK YOU TO OUR CO-SPONSORS
- Enterprise Holdings
- Farmers Insurance
- Finders Key Purse
- Haas Automation
- Kasier Permanente
- Terranea Resort
- Time Warner Cable
- US Bank
- The Walt Disney Company